New Year. Fresh Start.
There is nothing quite like the promise of a new year. Being able to brush away the hardships of year’s past and look to the future for guidance and happiness. I think I am, for a lack of better words, pretty basic when it comes to New Year’s resolutions. I like having a few days of detox, starting the year off on the right foot and creating good habits that first month that will (hopefully) last for the entirety of the year. (Did you know it takes 21 days to create a habit?) What better way to start each day of the new year than with a fresh new recipe? I love the taste of ginger for detox and digestion and pineapple is great to even out the spice. Obviously, we need a little green in there too! Without further adieu…
Pineapple Ginger Detox Smoothie:
- 1 Banana (Frozen)
- 1/4 of a Pineapple Chunked (Frozen)
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Pinch of Cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, starting with the almond milk at the bottom
- Blend for 1 minute
- Add a few ice cubes if smoothie isn’t chilled enough
Happy New Year!