Fall Friday – Favorite Autumn Recipe
Happy Friday and welcome to my favorite season, Autumn. Every year, once Autumn rolls around, I can’t help but get into a spirit of baking and cooking the recipes that make me want to snuggle up to a movie and a warm mug of apple cider. I’ve come back to this recipe every year around this time. There is just something so satisfying in a salty and sweet treat. I came up with it when I took a “dessert” tour of NYC in college and went to a little bakery in the West Village called Milk & Cookies. We had a salted cookie there that was out of this world. These are a pretty big hit with my friends and family, and now I’d love to share it with you. Here we go: salted white chocolate oatmeal cookies!
Salted White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 sticks of butter (softened*)
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp. of vanilla
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1.5 cups of white chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt (or regular sea salt)
*I usually microwave it for 30-45 seconds
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda) in a small bowl and leave for later.
- Using a hand mixer on high, mix together butter and sugar. Once fully incorporated, add the two eggs and vanilla. Continue to beat on high until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet
- Roll 1 inch balls of dough and line on the sheet accordingly. Once the cookie dough balls are on the sheet, sprinkle a light dusting of the flaked salt onto each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Take off the sheet and let cool for 30 minutes to an hour.